Are you interested in manga and comics? Like Cosplay? Or fancy learning how to fight like a Samurai? Do you want to get new skills and experience?
We've joined up with Asia House to find a group of Young Reporters and Young Producers for the 2013 Asia House Festival of Asian Literature.
The chosen young people, aged 13-19, will work with Asia House to report on, or help produce, one of the amazing Saturday events taking place at the festival.
Destination for the culturally curious
You'll be a key part of the festival while learning about the culture and literature of Asia. Events you'll be reporting on, or helping to produce, include:
- Bollywood Punch and Judy-ji show
- School for Samurais - martial arts and samurai sword demonstration
- Kamishibai Paper Theatre
- Asian comics: manga and beyond
- Cosplay workshop and demonstration
- Mangket - manga market
I'm interested in being a Young Reporter. What will I do?
- Attend the Saturday events (above) on May 11th and May 18th
- Take part in media training with the Asia House Communications staff
- Take notes and photos, interview authors/performers, film or record some of the events
- Write an article about the event
- Be published on the Asia House website
I'm interested in being a Young Producer. What will I do?
As part of a team of Young Producers, you will help the festival team plan final details of a series of events on Samurais, Manga and comics on May 18th. You will also help the team to market the events - particularly for the Young Samurai event with martial arts and Samurai sword demonstrations.
Why get involved?
- Access all areas - see how a festival runs and be part of the team delivering it
- Add great experience to your CV
- Meet artists and professionals, particularly manga and comic artists
- Be recognised for your work - you'll be an official Young Producer or Reporter for the festival
The Festival takes place at Asia House in London and runs from 1-22 May 2013. If you're chosen, you'll be invited to a planning session on a Saturday in March or April where you'll meet your team and learn more about what you'll be doing.
How do I apply?
You'll need to be aged 13-19 and live in London. You'll also need to be a volunteer in your local library and/or a library member.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Read more about Asia House.
Deadline: 18th March. NB: Now extended to April 17th
Like us on Facebook and follow Reading Activists on twitter.
Interested in building your CV through volunteering or like the idea of meeting new friends whilst helping out at your local library? Find out more about Reading Activists and what you can do for yourself and for your local community.