We are thrilled that Matthew Littleford, Chair of the Board of Trustees at The Reading Agency, has been awarded an MBE for services to literature.
Matthew joined The Reading Agency's board in January 2018. He was formerly Joint Managing Director of betty, one of the UK's leading TV production companies where he was responsible for running the business, editorial strategy, people and culture, business affairs and production management.
Matthew was the Editorial Director for Digital at BBC Worldwide, leading, creating and delivering the editorial proposition across their portfolio of brands and platforms.
He has worked as the Controller of UKTV, in charge of the editorial, creative and brand leadership, overseeing the re-branding of the business.
He also sits on Ofcom's Advisory Committee England, and is an advisor to FMP, a commercial theatre company, Resource Productions, a company whose focus is on increase diversity in the creative sectors, and Jist, a small independent corporate production company.
Matthew said: "I am delighted to receive this award as part of the Platinum Jubilee Honours. I would like to pay tribute to the tireless work of The Reading Agency team, our brilliant library partners, and Arts Council England, for working with us to tackle the big challenges faced by people across the country through the proven power of reading. The transformative benefits of reading have never been more needed."
We are also inspired to see so many of our valued library partners recognised in the Platinum Jubilee Honours:
- Catherine Mann, Head of Libraries and Arts, Staffordshire County Council. For services to Public Libraries.
- Christine May. Head, Libraries at Bradford. For services to Public Libraries.
- Helen Osborn. Lately Director of Library Services, Libraries NI. For services to Public Libraries.
- Susan Williamson. National Director, Libraries, Arts Council England. For services to the Library Sector.
- Susan Wills. Assistant Director, Lifelong Learning and Culture, Surrey County Council. For services to Public Libraries.
- Anthony Lambert Tyrrell Brown. Chair, Suffolk Libraries. For services to Public Libraries
- Christopher John Lawrey Clarke. Company Secretary and Treasurer, Friends of Jesmond Library. For services to the community in Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Sorrelle Clements. Service Development Manager, Coventry Libraries. For services to Libraries.
- Susan Comitti. Libraries and Heritage Service Manager, London Borough of Hackney. For services to Public Libraries.
- Robert Jones. Library Service Manager, Isle of Wight Council. For services to Public Libraries.
- Emma Noyce. Assistant Director, Culture and Information Services, Hampshire County Council. For services to Public Libraries during Covid-19.