Mark Saturday 20 June in your diary because it's National Reading Group Day!
At The Reading Agency, we know how important reading groups are and how much members enjoy them. They bring people together, widen reading habits by introducing people to new books and authors, and can help you to enjoy books even more. That's why we're going to be celebrating them on 20 June and we want you to join us.
How can you get involved?
Whether you're already part of a reading group or not, you can get involved in celebrating.
We'll be holding our own online reading group discussion on Facebook (@readingagency) at 11am on 20 June. This is open to everyone to join, you just need to read the book beforehand. We'll be posting questions throughout the hour for you to comment on and discuss the book with each other.
Following a public vote, we're so excited that The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri has been chosen as our reading group book. It's available in paperback, e-book and audio formats and you can buy it from a local independent bookshop, online retailers or borrow a digital version from your local library.
You join in on your own, or encourage your reading group to all get involved. This is also the perfect opportunity to encourage a friend or family member who isn't already in a group to see what it's like and how enjoyable it can be.
What else can your group do?
1. Share what you love about your group and what you're reading this month on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram tagging @readingagency and #NRGD20
2. Hold a virtual reading group meeting or party. This is great a time to talk about everyone's favourite books, or if there are any books your group has read that you would like to re-read
3. 20 June is the first day of Independent Bookshop Week, so why not order your next set of books from an independent bookshop? Find your nearest shop
4. Sign up to receive the Reading Groups for Everyone newsletter if you don't already, to hear the latest news and opportunities for your group
5. Look out for the results of our reading groups survey, which looks into the experiences and impact of reading groups across the country. The survey is still open for you to share your story and be entered to win a luxury book hamper