World Book Day is fast approaching (Thursday 7 March) and to help you celebrate, here's our World Book Day Chatterpack. It includes tips for running Chatterbooks children's reading clubs, and ideas for a special World Book Day session. There are loads of activities you can use, inspired by the eight World Book Day £1 books - there's guaranteed to be something for everyone.
The World Book Day books
- Alfie's Shop by Shirley Hughes
- Giraffes Can't Dance Colouring and Puzzles by Giles Andreae & Guy Parker-Rees
- Horrid Henry's Guide to Perfect Parents by Francesca Simons & Tony Ross
- Tony Robinson's Weird World of Wonders: Inventions by Tony Robinson
- The Diamond Brothers in ...Two of Diamonds by Anthony Horowitz
- Hang in There Bozo: The Ruby Redfort Emergency Survival Guide for some Tricky Predicaments by Lauren Child
- Tom Gates: Best Book Day Ever(so far) by Liz Pichon
- The Chocolate Box Girls: Bittersweet by Cathy Cassidy
You can find out all about what's happening as part of World Book Day at www.worldbookday.com
Get the World Book Day Chatterpack
You can either download the World Book Day Chatterpack here. Or alternatively you could sign in to SlideShare and download the pack there (preview below).
If you're looking at setting up a reading club for your school or library, find out more about Chatterbooks, our national network of children's reading clubs.
Find a reading group for your child to join.
If you would like more information about Chatterbooks, please get in touch with Lynne Taylor.