"Very worthwhile and thought-provoking"
"...will go back to work with lots of ideas"
"Excellent in all respects and really helpful. Very relaxed atmosphere, but lots being taken in"
We run several Chatterbooks training days every year for library staff, teachers, and other education and literacy staff, to build skills and knowledge, and get guidance and ideas, for planning and running Chatterbooks groups. We are also able to arrange on site training for your group.
Read more about a recent training day on our news page. You can also find advice on encouraging children to read, gathered at a recent Chatterbooks training day, on our training page.
The training days usually provide an opportunity to:
- gain a good knowledge of the Chatterbooks programme and how libraries and schools can use it to inspire children's reading for pleasure and support their targeted work with young readers
- consider useful partnerships for delivering Chatterbooks - eg with schools, and with publishers
- learn about the support available from the Chatterbooks network, resources and materials
- shape their own local plans for using Chatterbooks, and measuring its impact
- share and learn a range of tips and ideas for session planning & management, and for session activities
The sessions are led by Reading Agency Programme Manager Lynne Taylor.
Next training day
To find out more about the next Chatterbooks training day or to discuss on site training please contact Jenny Warner either by telephone 020 7324 2545 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.