"Read the full evaluation report for Reading Well Books on Prescription 2016-2017.": https://tra-resources.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/entries/document/2480/171009_TRA_RWBoP_Y4_Evaluation_-_Final.pdf
Read the full evaluation report for Reading Well Books on Prescription 2015-2016.
Read the full evaluation report for Reading Well Books on Prescription 2014-15.
Read the full evaluation report for Reading Well Books on Prescription 2013-14.
You can see some of the key findings from the 2016-17 report below:
- Reading Well Books on Prescription has achieved a significant national and international profile for public libraries' health work.
- It is a universal public library health offer in England available in nearly all (98%) of English library authorities.
- The scheme has reached approximately 778,000 people since its launch in 2013.
- The scheme has been an important source of help and support for people's health and wellbeing.
- 90% of users found the common mental health conditions booklist helpful or very helpful and 96% said the same of the dementia and young people's booklists.
- Most people surveyed (65%) had self-referred to the scheme, often via the user leaflet.
- There is strong prescriber endorsement for the role of public libraries as providers of free accredited health information. Prescribers reported using the programme most for increasing patient access to information and advice (90%).
We will continue to collect feedback on the scheme from people who have used it.
We've developed an online user feedback form. This is signposted in the user leaflet and you may want to link to it from your local library website. Information from this form will be analysed by The Reading Agency.
Read a selection of case studies with Reading Well Books on Prescription service users, health professionals and library staff.
Please get in touch if you know of service users who would be willing to provide Reading Well Books on Prescription case studies, or if you're a member of library staff and have a best practice case study to share.