The shortlist for the 2012 Royal Society Winton Prize for Science Books, which celebrates the best in popular science writing, has been announced:
- Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer (Penguin)
- My Beautiful Genome by Lone Frank (Oneworld)
- The Information: A History, a Theory, a Flood by James Gleick (Fourth Estate)
- The Hidden Reality by Brian Greene (Penguin)
- The Better Angels of our Nature by Steven Pinker (Penguin)
- The Viral Storm by Nathan Wolfe (Penguin)
You can read the judges' comments and the first chapter of each of the titles on the Royal Society's website.
The winner will be announced at an awards event on Monday 26 November 2012.