Volunteer with us
We have occasional opportunities for volunteers to join us to help deliver our reading programmes. If you are interested email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
See also Work with us
Supporting volunteering in local communities
We run training and produce resources that help librarians and others to offer great opportunities to volunteers in their local areas. These include volunteering opportunities in libraries, Chatterbooks reading groups in schools, Reading Activists events in young people's centres and the Six Book Challenge literacy programme in prisons.
Volunteering is great for libraries and others running reading programmes because they get:
- Extra capacity to deliver services
- Specialist support for specific projects
- Stronger community links
Volunteering on reading projects is great for volunteers because they get:
- Opportunities to make a positive contribution to their community
- Training and accreditation opportunities
- Greater confidence, social skills, employment opportunities and literary and IT skills
Volunteering is great for readers because they get:
- Better guarantee of a wide range of library services
- Opportunities for one-to-one support for reading and IT activities
- Opportunities to get involved in delivering library services in an equal and reciprocal partnership with professionals
To find out more email email@example.com for details.
To find out more about our volunteering training and resources for professionals email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or read about how you can Support our work