Our Reading Well Mood-boosting Books scheme is a national promotion of uplifting titles, including novels, poetry and non-fiction. The books are recommended by readers and reading groups around the country.
The new list of 20 Reading Well Mood-boosting Books titles is:
- Bee Journal by Sean Borodale
- The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
- Essential Poems from the Staying Alive Trilogy edited by Neil Astley
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- Miss Garnet's Angel by Salley Vickers
- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson
- A Month in the Country by J.L. Carr
- A Sea Change by Veronica Henry
- The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13¾ by Sue Townsend
- Soul Music by Terry Pratchett
- A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen
- The Thread by Victoria Hislop
- Thursdays in the Park by Hilary Boyd
- Too Much Happiness by Alice Munro
- Turned out Nice Again by Richard Mabey
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
- Various Pets Alive and Dead by Marina Lewycka
You can order promotional materials for £11 per pack from The Reading Agency shop.
Thank you to all those who made recommendations for the above list. We are always on the look-out for more recommendations, and will publish a selection on our website.
If you have a book to recommend, email email@example.com with the title and a short comment or tweet your suggestions using #moodboosting