The Reading Agency is a dynamic 'think and do' organisation committed to inspiring more people to read more, encouraging them to share their enjoyment of reading and celebrating the difference reading makes to all our lives.
We welcome people into our workforce who are enthusiastic, creative and have a passion for reading and the written word - in all its marvellous forms.
We are pleased that you are interested in working for us. This is where you will find details of any current vacancies.
Director of development & communications
We are offering an opportunity for an experienced fundraising and communications professional to take on a new key senior management role and play a part in shaping our future. Come and join our small but dynamic team, working in the creative environment of the Free Word Centre in Farringdon.
- To create and oversee delivery of our fundraising strategy and secure the investment needed to deliver our programmes
- To establish and manage a development board to assist with this
- To create and oversee delivery of an audience focused communications strategy
- To build cross-departmental staff and trustee understanding of the tactics and skills involved, and how they can support delivery of the plans.
Your profile - you will have:
- Considerable experience of strategic leadership and business development in fundraising, marketing and communications
- Proven track record of identifying sources of funding, making high level pitches, writing successful bids, negotiating and managing accounts and generating income from a range of sources, to meet agreed targets
- A strong understanding of brand development and working knowledge and experience of design processes
- Experience of leading innovative marketing campaigns and evaluating their impact
- Experience of leading teams
- A passion for reading
To find out more, please download the full job description and person specification
To apply please complete the application form and send this, along with your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Monday 4 May 2015. Interviews will be held on Monday 18 May 2015 in central London.
If you want to be one of the first to find out when we are recruiting then why not sign up for our email job alerts.
Equal opportunities and diversity
We are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work. We are committed to ensuring that no contractor, job applicant or employee is discriminated against on the grounds of race, colour, age, gender or gender re-assignment, nationality or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, parental status, political or religious beliefs, disability, marital status or trade union membership.